Why Do I Need a Magnetic Filter?
Magnetic filters, or boiler filters, are fitted to your boiler’s pipework, extracting any debris from the water flowing through the pipes so that there isn’t a build-up which can restrict the flow of water.
Fitting a magnetic filter to your boiler could bring many benefits to your home:
- More efficient heating system
- Lower energy bills
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Greatly reduced risk of needing expensive repairs
- Longer boiler lifetime
- Increased length of boiler warranty
What Causes Sludge to Build Up?
As water passes through the metal pipes of your boiler, rust can form. Combine this rust with other dirt and debris, it eventually builds into a mud-like substance, otherwise known as ‘sludge’. If this sludge isn’t removed it can have a real impact on the day-to-day use of your heating system:
- Excessive noise from the boiler and/or radiators
- Radiators struggling to heat up
- Cloudy water from the taps
- Boiler regularly shutting down.
Best Boiler Magnetic Filters
When it comes to finding a magnetic filter for your boiler, there are lots of models to choose from so it can be tough to know where to start looking. To help you find the right boiler filter, we’ve compared some of the most popular models on the market.