Gas safety certificate Isle of Man
Fill in the contact form here or call Stephen on (07624) 252000 to arrange an appointment.
Pipeline Plumbing issue gas safety certificates (landlords gas safety certificate or CP12) after an inspection of the gas meter, appliances and pipework.
Gas safety certificates ensure landlords of the Isle of Man are complying with the “The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. Certificates are also often requested during the sale of a property. The certificate will record which gas appliances in the property and will note any issues that may need to be dealt with to keep the installations safe. Manufacturers of gas appliances recommend that they should be inspected annually. The certificate will be issued by one of Pipeline Plumbing’s gas safe registered engineers. Our gas safe registration number is 552670.
Gas safety for landlords – As a landlord in the Isle of Man it is your legal responsibility to ensure your tenants are living in a safe environment. Manx law states an annual gas safety check is required and a certificate will need to be given to tenants within 28 days of completion. Gas safety records for each property need to be kept for a minimum of 2 years.
Gas Safety for tenants – Faulty gas appliances in your home can be very dangerous for you and your families health. So it’s important for your landlord to organise an annual gas safety check. Gas fires, boilers and hobs all need to be checked for any potential problems which may cause incomplete combustion of the gas leading to carbon monoxide poisoning.
What can you do today to make your home safer?
- Recognise the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.
- Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Buy an audible carbon monoxide alarm for your home and make sure it is located near to your gas appliances in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidance. Carbon monoxide can leak from appliances and kill.
- Only use gas appliances for their intended purpose e.g. don’t use your oven to heat the room.
- Always ensure there is enough ventilation for your gas appliances to allow them to burn correctly and make sure you are not blocking any air vents that provide an air supply to the gas appliance.